We regularly provide expert advice on the ‘Land Use and Ecology’ section of BREEAM, and the ‘Ecology’ section of what was Code for Sustainable Homes but is now called Home Quality Mark. Our ecologists are “Suitably Qualified Ecologists”. We have considerable experience of advising on available credits on a wider range of projects including schools, housing, hospitals and healthcare facilities, retail and office developments.
We have the knowledge and experience to integrate ecological mitigation and enhancements into a development in order to achieve credits, for example through:
- Provision of Suitably Qualified Ecologist (SQE)
- Assessing sites at the design stage to maintain, protect or enhance their ecological value within the development
- Advising the design team as to what measures need to be taken, or modifications made, in order to gain credits
- Briefing for construction Site Managers so they know the actions expected of them to demonstrate implementation consistent with credit achievement
- Post-construction stage review
- Developing site conservation management plans
The earlier we are appointed, the easier it usually is to obtain credits; we can advise on site layout and design before these are largely fixed to prevent avoidable losses of credits.