Chartered Landscape Architect (London or Woodbridge) – Full-time/Part-time
A Chartered Landscape Architect with landscape planning experience, to join our team in London.
We would like to hear from Chartered Landscape Architects with experience in landscape planning, particularly LVIA, and an ability to work efficiently and independently, under guidance, as well as being part of a team. A broad range of skills, including design and technical, would be an advantage with opportunities also to be involved in design projects. We will consider applications for full-time or part-time (minimum 3 days per week) positions.
Preferably, the position will be based within our London office team, whilst also working (primarily remotely) with our Woodbridge team in Suffolk (or vice versa). We are currently working mainly from home, but anticipate a return to working in our offices at the end of July, when we will be trialling more flexible working, with a minimum of three days in the office and the remainder potentially available, by agreement, for working from home.
We currently have a range of landscape planning projects, from landscape character assessments and green infrastructure strategies, to land allocations, at all stages from feasibility through planning applications to appeals. We also work across different sectors including public realm, recreation, commercial, education, care, strategic and detailed residential schemes (including high density) and renewable energy and urban greening projects.
- PGDip in Landscape Architecture and CMLI or equivalent
- good writing skills with attention to detail, with experience of technical reports, including LVIAs
- a comprehensive understanding of the planning system
- an understanding and experience of working with landscape and environmental designations
- a strong communicator with good interpersonal skills to enable effective working with multidisciplinary external and in-house teams
- Strong IT skills, with proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop and InDesign and graphic skills to enable a high quality of presentation
- an understanding and some experience of all project stages and the design process
- good graphic skills, including hand sketching and ability develop designs on paper, as well as digitally
- a driving licence valid in UK
- Right to work in the UK
- GIS, Artisan, Keyscape, Revit, Vectorworks and SketchUp
The position is an excellent opening for someone looking to progress their career in landscape architecture, with future opportunities for advancement. The role could lead to involvement in a range of project types at all stages of the planning, design and implementation process.
We offer the opportunity to join a friendly and committed team of multi-discipline professionals and a supportive working environment. Benefits include a stakeholder pension, ‘Cyclescheme’, a starting allowance of 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), payment of professional memberships and a programme of CPD.
Applicants should send CVs and examples of work, including written work, with a covering email explaining why you are applying, to email@example.com or phone Dianne Western on 020 3092 4141 or Simon Neesam on 01394 380 509 if you would like an informal chat about the position.
Closing date for applications: 31st July 2021
Please note that The Landscape Partnership reserves the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised closing date.
The Landscape Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer