Assistant Landscape Architect – with experience (London)
Are you passionate about creating transformative outdoor spaces that enhance the quality of life for communities and leave a positive impact on the environment? We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic graduate landscape architect who already has some work experience and a foundational understanding of landscape architecture and its practices, to join our multidisciplinary team of landscape architects, environmental planners, ecologists, and arboriculturists.
We are looking for inquisitive and design-focussed individuals with an environmental agenda, who are eager to learn and progress their skills alongside a dynamic team of colleagues and clients. We provide a friendly and supportive workplace and are keen to encourage and involve all members of our team in as wide a range of projects as possible.
Our current portfolio of projects extends across a wide range of sectors including: public realm, urban greening / green infrastructure, recreation, commercial, education, care, strategic and detailed residential schemes (from small to large scale) and renewable energy projects.
The role will include collaborating with our team of Landscape Architects, Ecologists and Arboriculturists, and assisting seniors with project management and design development, graphic production, design work-shopping, detail drawing production, site visits and more, gaining invaluable first-hand experience at the forefront of the landscape profession. It offers the opportunity to develop a broad skill base, working at all stages of the planning, design and implementation process.
- BA and/or MA/PGDip in Landscape Architecture
- A minimum of one year’s working experience in the landscape profession
- good graphic, verbal and written communication skills, including hand sketching and the ability to develop designs on paper as well as digitally
- good interpersonal skills to enable collaborative working
- good technical knowledge and a basic understanding of the RIBA/LI work stages and production of detailed design drawings
- strong IT skills, with good working knowledge of AutoCAD, Photoshop, lllustrator, InDesign and SketchUp, including digital rendering
- a basic understanding of the planning system
- experience in Artisan, KeySCAPE, QGIS, Vectorworks or Revit
- right to work in the UK
- good analytical and written skills with a known/potential interest in landscape planning, including Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA).
As well as a competitive salary and supportive environment, we offer the following:
- hybrid working (min. 3 days in the office) a
- starting allowance of 5 weeks paid holiday (25 days) increasing by a day every two years, to a maximum of 28 days, all plus the 8 paid bank holidays
- Payment of annual LI membership fees
- Auto-enrolment pension
- Mentorship from experienced Landscape Architects to support your career development and on the Pathway to Chartership
- P2C registration and exam fees
- Fees for a P2C revision course
- CPD events
- Opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.
- Supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Chance to work on a diverse range of projects.
The position is an excellent opening for someone looking to progress their career in landscape architecture, with future opportunities for advancement at all levels. The role could lead to involvement in a wide range of project types at all stages of the planning, design and implementation process.
Please send CVs and examples of work, including free-hand sketches, with a covering email/letter explaining why you are applying, to email@example.com
Alternatively, phone director Dianne Western on 020 3092 4141 for an informal chat about the role.
The Landscape Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer