Experienced Landscape Architect (Bedford or London)
The Landscape Partnership is looking for a Chartered Landscape Architect to join our team.
We would like to hear from ambitious, experienced Landscape Architects with energy and enthusiasm, strong creative and technical skills and an ability to work efficiently and independently, under guidance, as well as being part of a team.
The position will be based within our Bedford office team, whilst also working (primarily remotely) with our London team (or vice versa). We are currently operating a hybrid working system, with a minimum of three days in the office and the remainder potentially available, by agreement, for working from home.
The role will lead to involvement in a wide range of project types at all stages of the design and implementation process. Opportunities may arise which require involvement in projects with our other teams based in Norfolk and Suffolk. We currently have a diverse range of projects across different sectors, including public realm, recreation, commercial, education, care, strategic and detailed residential schemes (including high density), renewable energy and green infrastructure projects.
- Post-Grad Diploma or MA in Landscape Architecture (CMLI preferred, but not essential if experienced)
- a comprehensive understanding and experience of all project stages and the design process
- a good understanding of the planning application process
- good technical knowledge, including UK design standards and regs, and ability to produce high quality technical drawings and specifications, with experience in production of detailed design packages and the construction process
- good graphic skills, including hand sketching and ability to develop designs on paper, as well as digitally
- a strong communicator with good interpersonal skills to enable effective working with multidisciplinary external and in-house teams
- good written skills, with experience of preparing technical reports and design statements
- Strong IT skills, with proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign and SketchUp and graphic skills to enable a high quality of presentation
- experience of the delivery of high quality projects on site
- experience of BIM Level 2 and Revit and/or Vectorworks
- Experience in LVIA
- GIS, Artisan, Keyscape
- Right to work in the UK
The position is an excellent opening for someone looking to progress their career in landscape architecture, with future opportunities for advancement for the right candidate. The role will lead to involvement in a range of project types at all stages of the planning, design and implementation process. There is also the opportunity to broaden your experience and develop your LVIA, landscape planning and report writing abilities.
We offer the opportunity to join a friendly and committed team of multi-discipline professionals and a supportive working environment. Benefits include a voluntary work place pension, ‘Cyclescheme’, a starting allowance of 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) payment of professional memberships and a programme of CPD.
Applicants should forward CVs and examples of work, including free-hand sketches, with a covering email explaining why you are applying, to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone William Wheeler on 01234 261 315 if you would like an informal chat about the position.
The Landscape Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer