Landscape Assistant (Year Out) / Assistant Landscape Architect (Bedford/London)
The Landscape Partnership is looking for a creative and enthusiastic graduate to join our multidisciplinary team of landscape architects, urban designers, environmental planners, ecologists, and arboriculturists.
We are looking for inquisitive and design-focused individuals with an environmental agenda, who are eager to learn and progress their skills alongside a dynamic team of colleagues and clients. We provide a friendly and supportive workplace and are keen to encourage and involve all members of our team in as wide a range of projects as possible.
Our current portfolio of projects extends across a wide range of sectors including: public realm, recreation, commercial, education, care, strategic and detailed residential schemes (from small to large scale) and renewable energy projects.
The role will include assisting seniors with graphic production, design work-shopping, detail drawing production, site visits and more, gaining invaluable first-hand experience at the forefront of the landscape profession. It offers the opportunity to develop a broad skill base, working at all stages of the planning, design and implementation process.
- BA and/or MA/PGDip in Landscape Architecture
- great graphic, verbal and written communication skills, including hand sketching and the ability to develop designs on paper as well as digitally
- good interpersonal skills to enable collaborative working
- good technical knowledge and a basic understanding of the production of detailed design drawings
- strong IT skills, with good working knowledge of AutoCAD, Photoshop, lllustrator, InDesign and SketchUp, including digital rendering
- experience in Artisan, KeySCAPE, QGIS, Vectorworks or Revit
- right to work in the UK
- good analytical and written skills with a known/potential interest in landscape planning, including Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (LVIA).
As well as a competitive salary and supportive environment, we offer hybrid working (min. 3 days in the office) and the following benefits :
- 5 weeks paid holiday (25 days) increasing by a day every two years, to a maximum of 28 days, all plus the 8 paid bank holidays
- Payment of annual LI membership fees
- Cyclescheme co.uk
- Auto-enrolment pension
- Mentoring on the Pathway to Chartership
- P2C exam fees
- Fees for a P2C revision course
- CPD events
Please send CVs and examples of work, including free-hand sketches, with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, phone director Dianne Western on 020 3092 4141 or William Wheeler on 01234 261 315 for an informal chat about the role.
The Landscape Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer