We are always willing to discuss opportunities with interested people who share a commitment to our approach and would like to further their careers. This could initially take the form of an informal discussion with a Director or Associate Director, or the submission of your CV with examples of work, either by email or post.
The Practice is committed to promoting the professions of landscape architecture, urban design, spatial planning, ecology and arboriculture. We are always keen to hear from interested students or graduates who wish to develop a career in our core disciplines, and we can offer help by providing advice and identifying any suitable employment opportunities. The Practice maintains contact with various universities, and notifies them of specific opportunities, generally in early spring.
We are currently looking for:
- Arboriculturist / Assistant Arboriculturist based in office to suit (see below)
(ND Arb or Arb Cert.)
We are looking to recruit a full-time Arboricultural Consultant to join our arboricultural team and further develop our growing workload, providing support to multidisciplinary teams based in our four offices. The successful candidate will operate under the direction of our Arboricultural Associate Director and be involved in a wide range of projects involving: pre-development tree surveys, post approval implementation of arboricultural conditions and general tree management. Surveys will involve a combination of independent site work and as part of a team.
The position would suite an experienced Arboriculturist from the private or local government sectors who is currently a field surveyor or assistant tree officer. The post could also provide an excellent opportunity for an individual with initiative who seeks to progress their career as an arboricultural consultant in a multi-disciplinary consultancy. The role may also involve some seasonal protected species surveys, working with our Ecologists.
We offer the opportunity to join a friendly and committed team of professionals and a supportive working environment. Benefits include a company pension, 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), payment of professional memberships and a programme of CPD. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- National Diploma in Arboriculture, Degree or equivalent qualification
- working knowledge of BS 5837:2012 and tree related legislation
- good tree identification skills
- understanding of tree defects and disorders
- good report writing skills with attention to detail
- good communication skills and positive approach to problem solving
- good IT skills including Word, Excel and AutoCAD
- interest in promoting Arboriculture in a professional environment
- driving licence
Preferred skills / interests
- xciScape / ArborCAD – NB training can be provided
- ecological surveying
Please submit your application including:
- Accompanying statement (on no more than two pages of A4) as to why you consider you are a suitable candidate for the position.
- Please also state in your application if you have a particular preference for any one or more of the four office locations or if location is flexible.
For an informal chat please contact:
Michael Roseveare (ND Arb M Arbor. A)
01394 380 509
Closing date 24th March 2016.
Interviews are planned for the week commencing 27th March 2017
Select the locations below to find out more about our offices.
The Landscape Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer.